[EEG] From the God Helmet to the Math Helmet?

Harry Meier hjmiii at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 16:15:16 UTC 2010

Is anyone out there working on a "safe" DIY design for a tDCS device?

I've been out looking at the commercial devices used in this study, and
while they're a bit more than just a 9V battery, they're certainly not too
complex. It looks to me like just a low amperage DC power supply with a
built in ammeter feedback loop and safeties to make sure only the prescribed
1-2mA is being delivered. The simplest design would just involve a power
regulator circuit, a micro controller, a digitally variable current divider,
some resistors, and some electrodes ... and a 9V battery.

Harry
Heatsync Labs
Chandler, AZ