[Neuro] tDCS at Noisebridge?

Justin Morrison me at justinmorrison.net
Fri Apr 19 04:46:11 UTC 2013

I'm curious about replicating results demonstrated by the FDA approved
Fisher Wallace Stimulator and similar devices.

http://www.fisherwallace.com/research-current

http://www.fisherwallace.com/research-published

Marketing speak FAQ from their website:

In 1991, our device received multiple 510(k) clearances that allow us to
> market the device for the treatment of depression, anxiety, insomnia and
> chronic pain.  Click HERE<http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=882.5800>to read the FDA definition of Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation on the FDA
> website.  Our technology should not be confused with Electroconvulsive
> Therapy (ECT) or Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS).
>
> Our device uses patented frequencies which are completely unique to our
> device.  Our device is also the only CES device on the market that is
> allowed to deliver electrical stimulation directly to the skull via sponge
> electrodes - all of our competitors are only allowed by the FDA to use
> ear-clip adaptors or skin patches, which many doctors believe are less
> efficient at delivering electricity to the brain. Ear clip devices can
> produce headaches and vertigo, especially in patients suffering from
> Meunier's Disease.
> Another major difference between our device and our competitors is that
> our device is manufactured in the USA and is used exclusively in research
> performed by the faculty of Harvard Medical School.

I suspect a DIY device could offer the same or better results for anxiety,
insomnia, depression, which would be my target symptoms. Perhaps I should
start a new thread to query this.

--
Justin Morrison
http://justinmorrison.net