[Noisebridge-announce] [Noisebridge-discuss] 2169 Mission, let's do it - please respond if you disagree

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Aug 4 22:23:27 UTC 2009

Reply from Alex on IRC:

rachel-: Alex/VonGuard was researching our legal responsibilities under
the ADA
[3:20pm] rachel-: act, and the last I heard about this we are
responsible only for the
[3:20pm] rachel-: inside of the space.  Alex can you confirm that this
is the result of
[3:20pm] rachel-: your research?
[3:20pm] VonGuard: yeah
[3:20pm] VonGuard: that is the result
[3:20pm] rachel-: ok!
[3:21pm] VonGuard: the landlord has to take care of the elevator and
hallways
[3:21pm] VonGuard: unless the hallways are ours
[3:21pm] VonGuard: so initially, it should be up to code when we rent
it, but i know they're not down with up to code stuff there
[3:21pm] VonGuard: so it could ge squishy if a problem arrises, and the
landlord says "Oh it was up to code before, you made it not up to code"
[3:21pm] VonGuard: which owuld be a lie
[3:21pm] VonGuard: but you know
[3:22pm] VonGuard: so, basically, our mandate on ADA is: don't make it
worse than it is when we get it, and make the bathrooms hospitable to
ADA people
[3:22pm] VonGuard: cause the landlord said so
[3:22pm] rachel-: thx VonGuard