[Noisebridge-announce] Ham Cram this Sunday

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Fri Nov 20 22:09:44 UTC 2009

Would you like to become a licensed amateur radio operator?  Wonder how you
can still be an "amateur" even with a license?  Want in on the licentious
and lavish lifestyle of the ham?

You can become a card-carrying amateur radio operator in a day, like I did!
I know of four other noisebridgers who have done this, and we all passed
with flying colors.  It's kind of a trip, and totally worth doing if you're
interested in getting licensed.  The goal isn't really to get you up on the
ham lingo, jargon, or culture (yes, all three exist), but it does get you
over the pesky FCC licensing hurdle, with gusto.

I know this is last-minute notice, but there's a Ham Cram coming up this
Sunday at the JCC:

http://wcf.com/aero/exams/poster.htm

If this is your first time going, be there on-time!  It's really helpful,
and these things tend to fill up pretty quickly (hams are, as a rule, "get
there early" kinds of people...)

Depending on how some other stuff turns out tomorrow, I intend to make it
down to get my General license Sunday morning.  Hope to see some of you
there!
--
Josh Myer 650.248.3796
josh at joshisanerd.com