[Noisebridge-announce] Andriod / Arduino hacking anyone? -- Sunday, 3pm, at Noisebridge‏‏

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 4 01:40:53 UTC 2011

A couple of weeks ago Google announced the ability for Android to connect with Arduino to be used as a cheap, easy-to-use hardware development platform. Google then created ADK (Android Development Kit, based on Arduino), which is not cheap -- but they gave a bunch away for free at the Maker Faire last weekend.
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/usb/adk.html
and
http://arduino.cc/blog/2011/05/10/google-launches-android-open-accessory-development-kit-based-on-arduino/

Since most of us are relatively clueless on how to hack Android phones, or how to connect them to Arduino to do cool things, a bunch of us are getting together next Sunday to put our collective heads together to see how to make it all work on our Android phones.

It is likely that a Google employee and Android developer (or two) will be joining us to help out.  Maybe there will even be an ADK (or more) to be given away.

When: Sunday, 5-June, 3pm
Where: Noisebridge 2169 Mission St., 3rd floor
What: get our Android phones to play with Arduino (including the Google ADK)
Who: anyone (regardless of skill level) who cares to join in the fun

Please fee free to pass this along to anyone who may be interested.

Mitch.