[Noisebridge-announce] Andriod / Arduino hacking anyone? -- Sunday, 3pm, at Noisebridge‏‏

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:55:30 UTC 2011

Thanks to everyone who came to the meetup yesterday.

We had quite a crowd. Lots of people got a new OS on their phone, and lots of people got their phones to play with some version of Arduino.

With everyone's help, I got my new G2 phone rooted, with the latest version of CyanogenMod installed, and an app to run the Google ADK so I can control the Google ADK hardware (to make pretty colored lights, move servo motors, turn relays on and off, read temperature, and read joystick movements)!

So that others may benefit from my experience, I documented how I got my phone to do all this (with some useful-to-know, undocumented tips, supplied by others along the way), and put it on the wiki:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/AndroidArduinoMeetup
Though this is specifically for the G2 phone, this documentation should be useful for others, since the process should be very similar.

It took me 3 hours, start to finish. With my documentation, maybe you can do it in less time?

Cheers,
Mitch.