[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 10/15: Catch Up Day: Ruby Programming Level 2

Sameer Siruguri sameer at railsschool.org
Wed Oct 9 05:41:32 UTC 2013

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm on October 15, 2013

Catch Up Day: Ruby Programming Level 2

This lesson continues from Level 1, to move on to some intermediate-level programming ideas, like monkey patching, closures and program scope.

## Pre-Requisites

We will assume you have read the material we have covered in [our Ruby Beginners Level 1 class](http://sameer.siruguri.net/railsschool-ruby/v2/index.html) - in particular, that you have installed Ruby, can write applications to read the command line, understand the basic syntax for creating arrays and hashes, defining a class, and calling methods on objects.

## Course Content

We will cover the following topics:

 * What is _program scope_, and how can I use Ruby to inspect the program while it's running?
 * How do methods that take blocks work? How do I write a method that takes a block as input?
 * Blocks vs methods vs Procs - what's the difference?

The material for this class will be shared by the end of the week - [watch this space for updates](http://sameer.siruguri.net/railsschool-ruby/level2/index.html)!

If you have any questions about the material or suggestions for what to cover in the class, feel free to email us at team [at] railsschool.org

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/ruby-catchup-level2-oct-15
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,
Rails School, http://www.railsschool.org