[Noisebridge-announce] Lab: Front-end Web Development, Thursday 8pm

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 15:12:10 UTC 2014

On Monday, we got pretty close to finishing a site from our mockup. Here's
what we stopped with:
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/series6/class6/lecture.zip

I went ahead and finished the code. Here's the final result:
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/series6/class6/goal
And the zip file to download and check out the code:
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/series6/class6/goal.zip

The video for the class is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae27EDbKbxI

NEXT WEEK, we'll start learning JavaScript! Tell anyone interested that
this is a great place to start learning programming in general. For the
next two classes, you don't really need any knowledge of the HTML and CSS
we've learned so far.

This week's assignment tests your knowledge of CSS by giving you two divs
and a bunch of mockups to work off of:
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/series5/class6/assignment.html

The lab is a great opportunity to work on the assignment, any other
personal or group project, or ask questions about any aspect of web
development. You don't need to attend the lecture series to stop by.

The lab is being held at Lab Zero until the end of July. Lab Zero is in
Pier 9, Suite 115, accessible from Embarcadero BART or the Muni F line. You
can also bike over. It's on Thursday at 8pm. Hope to see you there!
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Frontend_Web_Development#Lab

Jeffrey