[Noisebridge-announce] NB REBOOT by runlevel (and reminder: get yer stuff out of the space!)

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 19:57:12 UTC 2014

250 Hello users.noisebridge.net,

Tomorrow evening at 7pm we'll have our Very Last Meeting Before
Reboot, upon which we'll `telinit 3`, and on July 30th we'll `reboot`.

The shutdown of runlevel 4 processes will be marked most notably by
restriction of access to the space -- aka "soft closure" -- meaning
that the space will be effectively closed from 11pm until 8am.

REMINDER: please retrieve all personal items you may have on the
project/member shelves.

Starting July 1st, after a token shutdown to clear our swap space
(e.g. move personal items into storage bins, find and delete cruft),
we'll boot to Runlevel 2.

The access policy will then become:

"Noisebridge is closed unless it is open."

The opening of Noisebridge will be in the hands of the work teams and
the electricians.  Work teams will be expected to close (read: lock)
the space when they leave.

If you decide to drop by Noisebridge when it happens to be open -- and
it looks like it'll be pretty busy every single weekend, weekdays
uncertain -- come ask if you can lend a hand.  (Be respectful, of
course; some work is hazardous or requires certain skills.)

A formal schedule hasn't been worked out yet, but if you'd like to be
part of the effort, let me know and I'll add you to the volunteer
sheet so you can be notified of work dates.

250 OK?

221 Bye,
Naomi

--