[Noisebridge-announce] Surface-mount Arduino Leonardo clones soldering workshop monday!

Jake jake at spaz.org
Mon Mar 3 02:51:14 UTC 2014

Come learn surface-mount soldering and put together an Arduino Leonardo
clone from scratch!

I and others will be doing Surface-mount CHM tomorrow with LeOlympia
boards (an Arduino Leonardo clone made by Olympia Circuits)

these boards are great because they have USB built-in and can be
programmed with only a mini-USB cable.  In addition to working like a
normal arduino they can also pretend to be a USB keyboard or mouse or MIDI
controller or whatever you want.

they also have an RGB LED and a general-purpose button, and a second row
of pins to be compatible with standard breadboards.

0. What do we provide: (approximately 15 kits available)

- Circuit Board and components for a complete LeOlymplia board (an Arduino
Leonardo Clone)
- solder paste, solder mask, a squeegee, a few sets of tweezers
- a hot plate for soldering everything that way
- soldering irons and solder and flux for finishing up the board

1. What do you need:

- Previous experience with soldering, so you can fix imperfect connections
on very small components
- Patience to populate the board with small components with tweezers
- good eyesight or reading glasses to be able to see small parts

3. When: Monday, March 3rd, 2014 starting at 6:00 PM

4. Where: Noisebridge, 2169 Mission St., 3rd floor

If you have any questions, contact jake at spaz dot org

Here's information about the kits we will be building:

LeOlympia parts list:
leolympia_v1-0_parts_list.pdf

LeOlympia schematic:
leolympia_v1-0_-_schematic.pdf