[Noisebridge-announce] Impressioning Workshop with Jos Weyers, Sunday, 11/2

Michael Fitzhugh michael at objectif.org
Tue Oct 28 00:10:16 UTC 2014

*You're invited!*

Please join The Open Organisation Of Lockpickers San Francisco Bay Area
Chapter for a special, off-schedule workshop on IMPRESSIONING, a unique
entry technique used to generate a working key for a lock given only
information obtained by manipulating a *blank key* in a lock.

Jos Weyers, our presenter and guest, is a world champion at impressioning.
His most recent victory was at the Dutch Impressioning Championships
(LockCon, 2014) in his home, The Netherlands.

Unlike lockpicking, impressioning creates a fully working key for a lock
which can be used to lock and unlock the cylinder at will. With practice,
this technique can consistently open a lock in 10-15 minutes (and
potentially faster)!

Here's a video of Jos impressioning a standard five pin ABUS cylinder in
ONE MINUTE during the 2010 German Impressioning Championships:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj9KEmLWRek

Come to simply listen or, with your own tools, to give it a try!

*When?*
Sunday, Nov. 2
We'll be there 1pm to 5pm, but the workshop may be shorter. (More details
to come.)

*Where?*
Noisebridge, the most excellent doocracy - 2169 Mission St, San Francisco

*To try it yourself, here's what you'll need:*

* Impressioning file
* Key holder (Dedicated tool or a pair of vicegrips)
* Table vise / some method of holding the lock if it is not mounted in a
door.
* Magnifier/light source (Very helpful, but not required)

*To make life easy, we're offering TWO OPTIONS for tools:*

*Option 1:  Email me today to request a TOOOL impressioning kit for $45*

    Picture: http://bit.ly/1tz88XU
    The kit includes: 1 half-round file w/ handle, key blanks for 7
different keyways, 1 pair vice grips, and 1 45x mini-magnifier with LED
light, all in a zipper case.

   I'll bring your kit on the day of the workshop. But you'll still need to
bring your own vise.

*Option 2: Buy your own tools, à la carte.*

    Here are some suggestions:
    http://goo.gl/Z5CK75 (Google Sheets)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oq7wdwczhrw5ra6/Impressioning%20Toolkit%20Options.pdf?dl=0
 (PDF)

DO NOT MISS THIS WORKSHOP!

If you need more incentive, here's a short interview with Jos about
impressioning tools and techniques:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-EFymCNlEU

If you're planning to come and don't mind, please let me know. Thanks!

See you there,
Michael
415-269-7757