[Noisebridge-announce] Privacy Hackathon: Tomorrow @ Noisebridge, 2pm-10pm!

Steve Phillips steve at tryingtobeawesome.com
Fri Dec 16 19:31:17 UTC 2016

Hey all,

Interested in hacking on Tor and EFF (sub)projects?  How about a secure
audio recording app
<https://github.com/cpunkswritecode/projects/tree/master/project-ideas/encrypted-footage-recording>
that journalists need to protect their sources?  Or a secure video
recording app
<https://github.com/cpunkswritecode/projects/tree/master/project-ideas/encrypted-footage-recording>
that activists need to safely record interactions with law enforcement that
encrypts and uploads the video off-site?  Or hack on other privacy- and
security-centric software, either as a developer or designer?

Then *come by Noisebridge tomorrow, Saturday December 17th between 2pm and
10pm* for Cypherpunk Write Code
<https://www.meetup.com/Cypherpunks-Write-Code/>'s very first hackathon!

Between the official event page
<https://www.meetup.com/Cypherpunks-Write-Code/events/235899233/> and
Noisebridge's
cross-posting <https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/events/235938649/> of it,
about 40 people has RSVP'd so far; the event should be great.

And *at 8pm* we're having a mini *birthday party **for whistleblower and
coder Chelsea Manning* and her 29th birthday, which happens to be tomorrow.

Hope to see you all at the event!  It's 2pm to 10pm, but feel free to come
by whenever you'd like.

More info is on the event page:
https://www.meetup.com/Cypherpunks-Write-Code/events/235899233/

And please forward this email around if you'd like, and/or retweet this
tweet <https://twitter.com/CpunksWriteCode/status/809817925632737280> about
the event.  Thanks!

--Steve

P.S.  Know of an important privacy project that deserves our attention?
Feel free to add it to our Project List
<https://github.com/cpunkswritecode/projects/issues/1>.