[Noisebridge-announce] Rails class 7/5: Build a CRUD APP with Fucking Bash Scripts

Rob M it at excelsiorcarpetone.com
Wed Jun 29 19:15:32 UTC 2016

Hi, Noisebridge! We added a new class at  7pm Pacific on July  5, 2016

Build a CRUD APP with Fucking Bash Scripts

Build a fully functional CRUD application using nothing but bash scripts, a web server and a smattering of Unix commands.

If you've gotten into web programming recently within the past 7 years or so, you might have missed out on the opportunity to learn the basic principals of web programming because all our heavy web frameworks such as rails and django have abstracted most of the basics out of sight.

In this workshop, we'll explore what it means to send GET, POST, PUT and DELETE requests to a web application.

We'll cover the following topics:

- Packet sniffing requests from the browser
- The role of the webserver (nginx)
- Fastcgi
- Rack
- Building a CRUD application with fucking bash scripts (yes, it will be RESTful)

All skill levels will be able to get something out of this lesson, you do NOT need to know bash scripting!

RSVP here: http://www.railsschool.org/l/build-a-crud-app-with-fucking-bash-scripts
May The Force Be With You!

Best regards,
Rails School, http://www.railsschool.org