[Noisebridge-announce] Noisebridge closed for stairway renovations Thu 9PM - Fri 12PM

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Tue Mar 8 05:13:40 UTC 2016

TLDR: Noisebridge will be closed during stairway renovations starting from
Thursday March 10th at 9PM through Friday March 11th at 12PM.

The stairway at 2169 Mission St is getting a fresh lick of paint and the
floor is getting completely redone. After some coordinating with the
building and looking at possible options of spanning out which parts of the
floor get redone and using the elevator as side access, we've come the the
conclusion that closing Noisebridge for 15 hours (to allow the floors to
dry) is the least painful option for everyone.

So Noisebridge will be closed and inaccessible from Thursday March 10th at
9PM through Friday March 11th at 12PM. The access system will also deny
entry just in case whoever is tagging in avoids reading the big sign
already placed on our gate stating the closure. Thursday was picked as
there's only 1 class happening in the space at that time (and the teacher
is happy to relocate) and the space is generally the least populated during
nights in the middle of the week.

At noon the access system will be re-enabled and the space reopened, with a
more awesomer stairway.

Thanks for understanding!

--
Rubin