[Noisebridge-discuss] Teaching programming for artists and designers

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Aug 5 20:07:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 09:43:25AM -0400, Scott Murray wrote:
> However, now you have me thinking:  Maybe it would be better to do a
> single-day workshop first, just to gauge the level of interest.  In my
> experience, though, it's hard to really absorb basic programming
> concepts in one day (at least for me -- it helps to spread it out),
> but I'd be open to anything.

Maybe a two-saturday thing, Introductory Processing one week and
Advanced Processing the next...  just tossing out ideas.

> Rachel:  I looked at the wiki, but wasn't sure where to list it.
> Should I just go ahead and set up a "planned events" page, or
> something like that?

It's a wiki, anarchy is the order of the day. :)  I've started a page at
https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php/Processing_seminar

please make yourself an account and have at it!  I'd love to see
 * sketch of a lesson plan
 * links to inspirational blog posts
 * list of required infrastructure for the course (wifi, projectors, ?)
 * any pre-prepared materials (printouts?)

-andy