[Noisebridge-discuss] Meeting Notes 11 November 2008

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 1 07:19:07 UTC 2008

This is the third in a series of belated meeting notes.
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2008_11_11

Apologies for the delay. Hope everyone had good Thanksgiving. As always,
if anyone sees things that are wrong, misleading, mistaken, etc. please
let me know via e-mail or on the list. I will wikify once there's been
time for corrections.

1) New tradition for meetings
* Jake told us about a new tradition - starting each meeting off with a
cool hack. Unfortunately this particular hack didn't work out as expected.

2) Announcements
* Oscilloscope workshop Saturday 3pm, run by dstaff
** Only 6 to 8 slots, reserve early
** Sign up on th ewiki page
** If you want to help teach, great!
* Mandarin Corner - see wiki
* Food Not Bombs buffet thursday at 7:30
* Sol Mate donated by Grey (thanks, Grey!)
* Useful components donated by dstaff (thanks, dstaff!)
* Molly - massage for real, half to Noisebridge ?
* Discussion about bench tools, send opinions to Shannon Lee

3) Station 40 / Dorkbot
* Station 40 approved hosting Dorkbot
* Unfortunately Dorkbot already found another place
* We still like Station 40 and may want to use for events
* Station 40 needs help with internet, wifi
* Michael K. has antennas
* Matt P. volunteers to coordinate help

4) Board status
* Noah Balmer intends to resign
* Carol, our lawyer, says best if actually resigns after filing 501c3
application
* Proposed sequence of events: file app, induct members, Noah resigns,
hold election for new board member
* What skills would be best in new board member to help noisebridge? Lawyer?
* No fixed timeline yet, waiting for 501c3 app to finish and be
acknowledged by IRS
* Start thinking about nominations for board members
* Board member is lots of boring mostly thankless work - "We now need to
fill out Schedule H with the process used for our hacker in residence
program!"
* "All of the responsibility, none of the power"

5) Speakers Bureau
* Take people here, bring them to schools to speak
* Daniela S. has schools she works with, potential contacts?
* Need to develop contacts, match with noisebridge members
* Field trips to noisebridge? (insurance issues?)
* Wiki page and separate mailing list to folow

6) Applicants as per membership process

* Joe LaPena
* Jeffrey Malone ("ieatlint") on irc