[Noisebridge-discuss] Re: Machine Learning meet-up 12/17 8pm

Bill Nye nye2 at email.com
Thu Dec 11 07:10:05 UTC 2008

 >machine learning meet-up.  How does next Wednesday,
 >> 12/17, at 8PM sound to those interested?

Perfect.  For me it coincides with the California Academy
of Sciences free 3'rd Wednesday of each month (ie, I live
near Hayward and like to combine trips to SF.)

 >> What is your name?

"Billybuggy"

 >> What is your background in ML?

Little in ML but I've studied neural networks, Prolog,
and Norvig's book.

 >> What would you want to learn?

I like the cheatsheet/decision tree for non-practitioners
idea.  I would like to understand how/when to use the
visualization choices at

http://www.visual-literacy.org/periodic_table/periodic_table.html

though that my be outside of this scope.

 >> What would you want to teach?

Me? Teach?  Are you familiar with the phrase "blind
leading the blind"?   -Billybuggy