[Noisebridge-discuss] Misc bits

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Tue Dec 2 18:52:21 UTC 2008

* esc <mediapathic at gmail.com> [081202 09:32]:

> A few nights ago, rigel left the space to go home and then came
> back moments later with a huge old projector. Last night Michael
> and I (mostly him) tested it, found it wanting, called it dead, and
> disassembled it. Among the other bits of it that we deemed worth
> keeping were two largeish fresnel lenses, and a front-glazed mirror.
> I bring this up on the list because these seem like the sort of "if
> only we had a" items someone might want to know we have. They're
> currently sitting on Michael's shelf, he says we're all welcome to
> use them should we want.

Michael and I tested the LCD panel of the projector last night. We
were able to get as far as bringing up the menu, but were not able to
make anything display when connecting it to a laptop with a VGA cable.
I put it in on my shelf to postpone any further cannibalization in the
hopes of getting it to work. If it ends up being hopeless, I'll put
any relevant/useful parts onto the general hack & share shelves. I'm
interested in piping sunlight through it like a stained-glass window
for some out-door computing endeavors. If anyone's interested in such
things, let me know.

John

--
John Magolske