[Noisebridge-discuss] Machine Learning meet-up 12/17 20h00 ?

Praveen Sinha dmhomee at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 02:07:39 UTC 2008

> interest in a machine learning meet-up.  How does next Wednesday,
> 12/17, at 8PM sound to those interested?

Sounds doable to me, will calendar it.

> What is your name?
See the from: line from in the email :)

> What is your background in ML? (none/some/lots/I'm Judea Pearl)

I've done some development on gene probes using neural networks and
support vector machines, generally know my way around the basics of
ANN and the basics of bayesian methods, as well as clustering,
decision trees, and basics of correlation, regression, etc.

> What would you want to learn?

I'm up for learning anything and everything :)  I'm especially
interested in improving my knowledge of bayesian methods, but would
love to be around other people working with nn's, whatever :).  I'm
also really interested (and am a complete n00b) when it comes to some
of the stuff in the signal processing world -- things like stochastic
resonance processing, autocorrelation tricks, and stuff sound really
interesting but I'd like to learn more about it.

> What would you want to create?

Anything that works :)   Ideally I'd like to make a perl script that
when runs detects some pattern in some market somewhere and somehow
makes me millions of dollars :)

> What would you want to teach?

I can prepare some material on the basics of NNs or bayesian theory,
as well as basic stat stuff.

> Do you have data?  Can you describe it in a paragraph?

No data, but happy to scrape :)

> How/when do you want to work with other people?

I like face time at least initially with people, but am on IRC all day...

Love and Peace,
Praveen