[Noisebridge-discuss] Hackerspaces: The Beginning - An invitation to include your hackerspace in the first hackerspace book.

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Dec 16 03:36:17 UTC 2008

Bre Pettis wrote:
> *Dear Hackerspace Person!*

Well, you know you did just e-mail the entire discuss list? Let's see
what kind of responses you get back from everyone to your questions! In
the meantime a few photos and things:

> *Photos*: We need 5 or more photos of your space. At least 300dpi and 2"x3"
> or larger in JPG or EPS format. If possible, it would be great to see a few
> photos of people working in your space. If you have photos of your
> hackerspace already, please send them ASAP **so Astera can start color
> correcting them and getting them into indesign.

Rubin has a nice set of Noisebridge photos here, including photos from work:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubin110/3097575936/in/set-72157611257358208/

See also these from endenizen:
http://flickr.com/photos/endenizen/sets/72157607542165545/

Andy with his blimp:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/midendian/3067842094/

Excellent drawings:
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/32609854@N00/3058499714/in/search_QM_q_IS_noisebridge_AND_prefs_photos_IS_1_AND_mt_IS_all_AND_w_IS_all

Photos from cleanup:
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/yarnivore/2908578223/in/search_QM_q_IS_noisebridge_AND_prefs_photos_IS_1_AND_mt_IS_all_AND_w_IS_all

Sure I've missed things.

> *Logo Image:* We need a logo from your hackerspace ideally in a vector
> format like .eps or .ai.

Here's an .ai file:
http://clients.quilted.org/noisebridge/Noisebridge_circuit_v2.ai

> Hackerspace name:

Noisebridge

> Hackerspace tagline:

Not sure we have one. Anyone want to suggest?

http://www.noisebridge.net/

Evidently noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net

> How often do you meet? What happens at these meetings?

Meetings (almost) every Tuesday, 8PM. We discuss issues, announce
projects, and we sometimes come to consensus about what to do next.

> 1. Get members to tell a story or recount an adventure associated with the
> beginning of your hackerspace.

Expect others to chime in here.

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Image:Firstfloor.png

> 3. Include a manifesto.