[Noisebridge-discuss] Machine Learning Wednesdays!

Ian ian at slumbrparty.com
Wed Dec 24 23:44:17 UTC 2008

I'd be willing to do an intro to ml presentation if I can get it done in
time. Should be able to. I can let you know with more certainty next week,

verbal

On Dec 23, 2008 5:57 PM, "Josh Myer" <josh at joshisanerd.com> wrote:

We had our first Machine Learning meetup last Wednesday.  It went
really well, and, combined with the mailing list traffic, it sounds
like we have enough interest for two sets of semi-monthly meetings.

My thought is therefore: let's have Machine Learning meetups
(seminars, whatever) every Wednesday night at noisebridge, alternating
between theoretical-focus and practition-focus.  The format will
probably be a little variable as well, but we should have a few
presentations lined up for the first few weeks.

The first real meeting will be January 7, 8PM.  Does anyone have a
burning desire to do a presention?  It's an opportunity to set a
precedent!

In parallel with the Wednesday meetups, it seems like there's also
interest in both introducing people to ML and a sort of "ML consulting
service" on noisebridge projects.  Those will be more free-form, and
as needed.

How does this sound to folks?  And, once again, I'd love to have
presentations lined up for Jan 7, 15, and 22!

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes, and Happy Holidays of
all timelinesses (a belated Solstice, an on-time Hanukkah, and an
early Christmas)!
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
 josh at joshisanerd.com