[Noisebridge-discuss] 24c3 is over / Club Mate / Meeting every Tuesday

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Tue Jan 8 04:43:17 UTC 2008

Many of us have returned from the 24c3 in Berlin. A few people are still
floating around in Europe. Mitch is the only NB person that comes to
mind but I am sure he's not the only one.

I have returned with two cases of Club Mate for the next meeting. It
turns out that it's quite easy to bring it back without issue. It's very
expensive to ship it but it's free to check it as luggage. Less of an
issue with the FDA when it's in your personal non-commercial luggage.
Hopefully anyone left in Europe will mail their luggage back and check
only Club Mate...

I can't express how awesome the CCC events have become. This last 24c3
was very inspiring and very positive. The hacker spaces talk by Jens
even featured a small mention of our very own club. Awesome!

With all of that said, I'd like to take a page from the CCC and
establish a weekly meeting. All days are equally bad and so Tuesday is
the arbitrary choice made by many hack labs. Perhaps sometime around
20:00 or 21:00?

Because we're still without a permanent space, I'd like to suggest that
people offer either a public place to meet or their own space.

In theory, tomorrow is as good a day as any to start.

Anyone want to volunteer a space for us to meet?

-jake