[Noisebridge-discuss] 24c3 is over / Club Mate / Meeting every Tuesday

Rubin Abdi Rubin at Starset.net
Wed Jan 9 06:41:29 UTC 2008

Slightly a joke, slightly serious. Since no one has been able to respond to
this email, or isn't able to host this week, and as it's very much past some
folks bed times, I figured for the future we could keep the possibility of
having meetings via IRC as a back up plan. It sounds corny, but just as long
as everyone's not a 12 year kid from a Counterstrike clan, I think we'll be
fine.

On Jan 7, 2008 8:43 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote:

> Many of us have returned from the 24c3 in Berlin. A few people are still
> floating around in Europe. Mitch is the only NB person that comes to
> mind but I am sure he's not the only one.
>
> I have returned with two cases of Club Mate for the next meeting. It
> turns out that it's quite easy to bring it back without issue. It's very
> expensive to ship it but it's free to check it as luggage. Less of an
> issue with the FDA when it's in your personal non-commercial luggage.
> Hopefully anyone left in Europe will mail their luggage back and check
> only Club Mate...
>
> I can't express how awesome the CCC events have become. This last 24c3
> was very inspiring and very positive. The hacker spaces talk by Jens
> even featured a small mention of our very own club. Awesome!
>
> With all of that said, I'd like to take a page from the CCC and
> establish a weekly meeting. All days are equally bad and so Tuesday is
> the arbitrary choice made by many hack labs. Perhaps sometime around
> 20:00 or 21:00?
>
> Because we're still without a permanent space, I'd like to suggest that
> people offer either a public place to meet or their own space.
>
> In theory, tomorrow is as good a day as any to start.
>
> Anyone want to volunteer a space for us to meet?
>
> -jake

Rubin
Rubin at Starset.net