[Noisebridge-discuss] Insurance costs

Bill Pollock bill at nostarch.com
Fri Jan 25 02:15:45 UTC 2008

I'd figure about $1,000/year for insurance, if you can get a policy. We
have to show our landlord evidence of insurance and I think that any
commercial landlord will expect that -- especially given the way that
the space will be used.

Also, when requesting insurance, you want to be very careful about how
you describe the way that the space will be used because your
description will likely affect the cost and your ability to get proper
insurance. By the same token though, if the use is not properly
described, an insurer might not pay if damages are caused by activity
that was not disclosed, leaving the entity or individuals liable.

Bill