[Noisebridge-discuss] A potential space - the No Starch Press building (and how we can handle voting)

Marc Powell marc at foodhacking.com
Thu Jan 17 02:01:15 UTC 2008

ryan, i don't stalk you, i don't even know you very well. that's a
baseless accusation. and you left last night after passing out some flyers
before we had a chance to discuss this.

the indymedia you work "for" is a result of the split of two indymedias-
the real SF bay area indymedia, indybay.org that has been going strong
for years since you locked them out of servers, and sf.indymedia.org (your
domain) which has lain fallow for years. the URL i pasted is as good an
example of your transparent involvement with the indymedia schism as any.
these are not wild baseless attacks. i think your IMC creds are bunk, and
most other bay area IMC people would agree.

i was involved with the Bay Area Hackmeet 2007, when people involved asked
that you not be involved with the planning process. you also resorted to
baseless "stalker" accusations there.

i'm not trying to judge you ryan. i talked to some other people about my
concerns about you controlling any internet presence of noisebridge, they
recommended i send an email on to the list. i have no problem with you,
i just don't want you in charge of any servers or domains because you took
over the bay area indymedia center as well as enemy combatant radio as
well as sniffed peoples' irc on a server you had root access to (including
my own conversations).

jake asked if we could have the next noisebridge meeting at my house,
unicorn precinct xiii, i didn't unilaterally declare this.

thanks for the opporuntity to clear this up!! hope we can move on to some
real projects now, apologies for polluting the chillsphere with these
negtones, but how else do you deal with such things??

best,
-marc