[Noisebridge-discuss] super potato- retro arcade in akihabara

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 20:50:39 UTC 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 12:30 PM, Marc Powell <marc at foodhacking.com> wrote:
> heya i took some blurry pics of this retro arcade in tokyo! lots of old
> nintendo, super famicon stuff, and a 3 foot tall gameboy!
>
> http://www.foodhacking.com/retro/
>
> stacks of shrinkwrapped neogeos, sega genesis, nintendo virtual boy, etc-
> pretty surreal! a retro oasis in the middle of the "new" electronic
> appliance district..

Hah!  My buddy Jeff Plotkin (ratjed) from UMass has one of those in
his apartment!  It was definitely a funny thing to see for the first
time.  He uses it as a TV though :-)
http://stuff.ratjed.com/jeff%20and%20carloan%20game%20boy.jpg
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."