[Noisebridge-discuss] introduction

r. scott lamorte slamorte at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 05:09:21 UTC 2008

hi folks,

i'd like to introduce myself. my name is a scott lamorte. i'm coming
to noisebridge via mitch who has been one my heros for years. i'm
interest in a hacker space because i'm a tinkerer of both physical and
nonphysical systems; i'm as interested in hacking brains and cultures
as i am hacking stuff.

i have some work experience i could contribute as needed: extensive
experience in geographic information systems (gis), the mac os,
collective organizing and non-profit management, graphic design,
environmentalism, festival food booth management, personnel
management, massage therapy, direct action organizing, and more useful
skills :^)  like auto mechanical and electrical, solar installation,
basic electronics, general construction, plumbing, home electrical,
gas (propane) installation, and gardening. the later group of skill
all come from my 10+ years of homesteading off the grid in humboldt
county.

i would like to learn advanced electronics, remote controlled
aircraft, programming, welding, and robotics and am willing to trade
instruction in any of my areas of experience. i'm a very patient
teacher and have taught formal workshops in photoshop and gis.

i'm interesting in contributing time, information, and/or money as
needed to make an interesting and revolutionary space. i'd love to see
"culture and consciousness hacking" put on the wiki page statement of
purpose. :-)

i'm currently in the south bay area for an personal extended leave
from the non-profit i work for. part of my leave is exploring other
regions to relocated to, and part of this is an adventure to find out
where the current forefront is of cultural change; i seem to have
misplaced it somewhere recently. :^)

please feel free to contact me and i hope to meet several of you and
the next f2f meeting.

yours,
scott lamorte

(message resent to correct group discuss address, apologies if anyone
receives two)