[Noisebridge-discuss] introduction

r. scott lamorte slamorte at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 19:11:30 UTC 2008

> Welcome to the group! Thanks for the great introduction, it sounds
> like
> you've got a ton of awesome stuff up your sleeve. I look forward to
> meeting you in person.

thanks for the welcome!

Where should we put the culture and consciousness hacking? I'm a big fan

> of just tossing that up on the wiki but I'm not sure where you
> wanted to
> put it. Perhaps you can add it and we'll all read the diff?

oh yeah, duh, it's a wiki! :-)  i guess i've been feeling like an
observer and outsider here since i really don't know any of the
participants. and while i've read the statement of purpose, the
statement is based heavily on the assumption that people know what the
hell a hackerspace is in the tradition of the european hackerspaces.
since i've been living under a log in humboldt county for so long i
don't know what the hell that's all about. :-)

would it be stupid of me to propose a "visioning" thread? i would love
to see people post what they envision a typical week at the hacker
space might look like for themselves. what happens there? who else is
there? how does this further your own goals and desires?

if other people already have a clear idea of what they want and i'm
the only outsider here, i'll pass on this request and get my info
privately. otherwise i think that questions of organizing structure,
if any, are premature until we know what we are organizing towards.