[Noisebridge-discuss] wiki changing fast

Paul Böhm paul at boehm.org
Fri Jan 18 21:31:31 UTC 2008

Hey Jonas,

Sorry for the rush of changes. I tried to provide some structure,
since our (metalab) wiki looked really similiar in the beginning.

Our guideline became: Try to capture the information on as little
pages as possible, and avoid link lists (the ones remaining on the
main page should go at some point too - e.g. into specific sections).

Why? At this stage our main audience are people who don't know what a
Hackerspace is, yet. It'll be really hard for them to follow
information that's spread out on dozens of pages - mostly in
discussion style too.

Try instead to discuss on other media or discussion pages, and only
condense thought-through suggestions into the main pages. Archive
Pages etc. are cool too - just condense everything back into the
Vision Document (think trunk or mainline)

Think of it as keeping the main pages buildable, as in software
development - no broken/incomplete check-ins.

I've put the Ground Rules into
https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php/Talk:Noise_Bridge_Vision, with
the intention of integrating it into the Vision document later. Maybe
someone's up for that soon - otherwise i'll try to do some more
gardening ASAP.

Hope that's ok with you - i'm fine too if you revert some of my changes.

Paul/Enki