[Noisebridge-discuss] viewing of dimension7 space at 150 Folsom

Jonas S Karlsson jsk at yesco.org
Thu Jul 24 20:53:52 UTC 2008

thanks for the great pictures and write up!

I agree with Bill that it seems very expensive for the amount of dedicated
space, I do think there'd be potential problems co-using the other space
with people who may treat it as their living room/work space/cool space (my
interpretation). Also, if it is dependent on the people who are currently
there, even if they're great, if they change, it may potentially become an
issue fast.

That they want somebody to move in soon because they haven't yet found a
tenant should in no way effect a speedy decision on our part.

I think having a big space available, for special occasions, and maybe one
evening a week would be great, like maybe every tuesday, and occasional
weekends. And I think that could make the space worth maybe $800/month or
such. I think $2000 is way too much.

In general, if there is hesitations and reservations this early when looking
at a place, I would be very careful. I think we'll know and have a
wow-feeling when the space is right! When I saw Rachel's place, I had a
little bit of that... But I think it's a bit occupied ;-).

/Jonas

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 11:26 AM, Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com>
wrote:

> Some initial impressions with links to photos are up on the wiki:
>
> https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php/150_Folsom
>
> Michael, the landlord (for lack of a better term) is looking to make a
> decision fairly soon as his space has been open for several weeks.  We left
> with the idea that there might be another trip to see it for other members,
> also to meet some of the other people we'd be sharing with if we were to
> move in there.
>
> Given this, I think it best for us to step up our search for other places,
> so we can have a better basis for comparison before deciding how ardently to
> pursue this option (or if at all).  I'm making some phone calls today.
>
> Rachel

.sigh