[Noisebridge-discuss] SSL Certificate

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Sun Mar 9 03:18:59 UTC 2008

Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Jacob Appelbaum <jacob at appelbaum.net> wrote:
>> So I've finally gotten to my breaking point with self signed certs. Does
>>  anyone object to me buying an SSL cert for noisebridge? One year at the
>>  very least and specifically for the host www.noisebridge.net.
>>
>>  If anyone has a suggestion other than RapidSSL (they're cheap, not
>>  chained SSL, etc) - I'd love to hear it!
>>
>>  Thoughts?
>>
>>  I'll probably buy it tonight, I can't handle my RSS reader throwing up
>>  SSL cert warnings anymore.
>
> Since I was about the only one who didn't have any cash on me at the
> meeting we all chipped in so many weeks ago (months?), I will drop in
> $70 to pay for the SSL cert.  Jake, just let me know if I can Paypal
> it to you, or any other preferred donation method.

Awesome! Thanks Kristian! I'll send you a private email about it. It's
totally rad of you to chip in, thanks man!

> Also, I am in Texas for a few weeks at the moment.  Right now, I am in
> Austin and about to go find something to do near the university.  Can
> anyone put me in touch with people down here they know?  h d moore is
> busy tonight, but we might grab lunch tomorrow.  rsnake seems MIA.
> I've never met these guys in person.  I'm sure someone on this list
> knows of other people that I can't think of.  Regards...

Are you in town for that SXSW event? If so, I'd suggest crashing a few
of those parties and hanging out with Scott Beale. He's not a security
person but he's a great guy all around.

Send hdm my regards, perhaps hand him some canned air. ;-)

Best,
Jake