[Noisebridge-discuss] who's Julia, anyway?

Noah Balmer noahbalmer at gmail.com
Tue May 27 22:32:23 UTC 2008

For the convenience of anyone wondering who's been filling my head with such
nonsense, I grabbed her bio from the Volunteer Center web site.  She's been
a friend of mine since I met her at burning man a few years ago, but we
never talked shop until recently.

Julia Love has been the Associate Director of The Volunteer Center Serving
San Francisco and San Mateo Counties since 2005. In addition to oversight of
The Volunteer Center�s Consulting and Training Practice and Volunteer
Services, Julia leads the Bay Area Corporate Volunteer Council. In this
capacity, she regularly consults with leading corporations on the strategic
development of their employee involvement programs. Julia has spent over ten
years in the nonprofit sector helping connect nonprofits to the resources
they need. Her program development and management experience includes work
with boards of directors, executive development trainings, and collaboration
development, both with corporate and nonprofit organizations. Julia earned
her bachelor's degree at the University of California at Berkeley and
received her Masters of Nonprofit Administration from the University of San
Francisco.