[Noisebridge-discuss] bylaws update

Noah Balmer noahbalmer at gmail.com
Fri May 23 19:30:40 UTC 2008

I have a few ideas I'd like feedback on.  Some of these are on the talk page
but, for you convenience, I'm putting them here where they'll get more
exposure.

*Throwing out the board*:
I propose that a 2/3 vote of the members can order an immediate election to
replace any board member with or without cause. The term of a director
elected in this way ends at the following annual meeting.
*
Vacancies on the board:*
Similarly, if there's a vacancy on the board for any reason (resignation,
eaten by a grue), an election should take place to fill it, and the term
should end at the following annual meeting.

*Amendments to bylaws:*
Current version gives full control to directors.  I think the members should
be able to throw out the whole board if they decide to (see above).  In
order to allow for that, the members need to have control of the bylaws,
otherwise the board can just change the bylaws to prevent their own
removal.  I propose that amendments to bylaws require a 2/3 vote of the
members, or unanimous written consent.*

**Dues:*
The bylaws should state who's responsibility it is to negotiate dues with
each member.  I think that should probably be the treasurer, to keep things
simple, but it could be the board.