[Noisebridge-discuss] meet tomorrow?

Al Billings albill at arcanology.com
Tue May 27 21:10:37 UTC 2008

Noah Balmer wrote:
> To look at it another way, If the board doesn't keep the donors happy,
> they won't get any more donations, so the board is highly motivated to
> keep the interests of the donors in mind.

More? How about any? We're asking people to donate a bunch of money up
front to get the group going since we more than a couple of thousand
dollars in order to even *get into* a space if one can be found. Then
we're asking people to promise hundreds of dollars a month for a period
of time in order to meet the lease on a space.

I won't be at the meeting tonight but I know that before I hand
significant amounts of money to near strangers, I am going to have
questions about how accountable the organization is. I was under the
impression that we'd agreed to have members have some say in the
organization, partially because these concerns were brought up before.
Maybe this is only a concern to me but I suspect that it will not be so.

I don't think that I'm being overly cantankerous here but it is possible.

Al