[Noisebridge-discuss] Workshop proposal: Hardware Hacking

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Tue Nov 11 01:11:02 UTC 2008

Comments solicited:

Hardware Hacking workshop

"No user-serviceable parts inside" -- we call bullsh*t on that!

Bring in your hardware yearning to reach its maximum potential (or
give its life for spare parts). We give you permission to take things
apart, see what's inside, and improve them. Most electronics failures
are caused by bad connections or simple mechanical problems: we'll
show you what to look for and how to fix them. Favorite gadget busted?
Don't throw it away; fix it! (Or at least autopsy it for the good of
science.)

Possible projects on the wiki: please feel free to add!
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Hack_your_Hardware

Dates and times: TBD, but likely not before the soldering workshop(s). Input?