[Noisebridge-discuss] Workshop proposal: Hardware Hacking

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Tue Nov 11 18:37:01 UTC 2008

Hey thanks everyone, looks like we have some interest.

Thanks for the circuit bending reminder: that's fun and we can do that.
(You can too: Put a 10k resistor on the input of cheap PC speakers for
an audio probe and go wild.)

Workshop times are TBD, likely after the soldering workshop (that's
handy to know). At this point, after the holidays is looking most
likely. Probably a multiple-meeting format is best: week 1, take
things apart, see what parts you need, and prep; week 2, fix and put
back together.

(Noisebridge Gods: is there a good night for workshopping that won't
conflict with other activities?)

In the mean time, keep your eyes out for useful junk (ATX power
supplies, old CD players and drives, PC speakers and amps, toys, wack
stuff for parts).