[Noisebridge-discuss] oscilloscopes

Jeff Keyzer jeff at mightyohm.com
Mon Nov 17 02:19:55 UTC 2008

Probably the most dangerous thing with regard to using scopes is that
the ground on scopes isn't usually isolated, so connecting the ground
terminal of a scope probe to something that is electrically hot can
cause damage to the thing you are testing, the scope, and/or
you.  :-)  Always make sure that what you connect the ground terminal
to is either really ground (shares the same ground as the outlet the
scope is plugged into) or electrically isolated from the scope (like a
battery powered circuit with no connections to the outside world).

Jeff Keyzer
jeff at mightyohm.com