[Noisebridge-discuss] Junk units, a donated random junk organizational guideline proposal for 83c

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Nov 18 02:23:01 UTC 2008

I think this is a great proposal.  Since I started the shelf
organizational system I feel some responsibility too.  Here's my version
of it, distilled as small as I can make it, with discussion points:

1. Junk = anything that's not a tool, infrastructure, or part of
someone's current or future project

2. Junk belongs on the hack shelf.  Don't put it elsewhere.

3. Anyone can hack on junk, including claiming it for a project by
putting it on your own shelf

4. When you bring in junk, write your name and the date on it so we know
how long it's been around, and who to ask about it

5. Every so often (how often?) housecleaning occurs (by whom? people who
brought junk, & anyone interested):
  * Junk older than (how old?) gets moved to Outbox
  * Junk currently in the Outbox gets disposed of (how?)

Rubin, I will be happy to lead discussion of this tonight so you don't
have to come to the meeting.  If you don't show up I'll assume you took
me up on it.

:)
Rachel