[Noisebridge-discuss] Slow internet access at 83c

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Nov 26 07:00:50 UTC 2008

Thank you for the heads up Rubin, however the Soekris box that does the heavy network-lifting seems fine at first glance.

I've been meaning to build a known-good OpenBSD install for that box for what seems like weeks now. I need to just sit down and do that one night.

JSharp postulates on IRC that perhaps Comcast might be throttling the connection? It seems possible given that Comcast is known to engage in such asshattery and given that many people use this link often.

Is this something that we could just ask them?

I am excitedly awaiting ADSL2+ service from Sonic.net... real soon now.

--j