[Noisebridge-discuss] washer/dryer combo?

grey artkiver at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 22:35:25 UTC 2008

As far as things to donate I mentioned it to Andy & Shannon earlier
today, but figured I'd see if there was any other interest in me
donating my LG washer/dryer combo.  It's the size of a normal
frontloading washer but also has a condensation dryer built into it
(so you don't need to swap clothes to dry them).  Albeit the dryer
isn't the best in the world, but it's pretty neat newfangled
technology (it better be given what I paid for it originally).  Anyway
it's been sitting in my flat in Oakland since I sold my house and I
realize that there's a better chance of getting it hooked up and even
*gasp* using it now and then if it's hooked up at noisebridge.  It's
kinda neat in that it only needs 110 power and a drain (condensation
dryer, remember) but it's ultra-low water usage and does a great job
at cleaning even if it's not so hot at drying.  Anyway, Andy had
mentioned a good spot for it might be in the bar that we've discussed
building in the kitchen area and that seems reasonable given that we
wouldn't want to occupy the darkroom space, it's probably quieter than
the dishwasher actually.  At any rate, if that sounds like it might be
of value to folks - who's got a pickup truck and is available at some
point to come help move it from the east bay?  I figure it'll be
helpful for washing hand towels, rags, and whatever else we might end
up wishing we had a washer/dryer for too while simultaneously taking
up half the space, power and water required of such things normally.

-grey