[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Build Status & Next Needs

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Fri Oct 10 22:44:50 UTC 2008

Hey all,

This is the end of Week 2 of the NoiseBridge space buildout.  We've got
tables and desks, a couch, and more shelves than god... and Jim is
downstairs right now installing additional electrical into the shop
(including this fantastic knife-switch EPO that goes BANG when you pull it!
Thanks Jim).  We're right on the verge of having a usable, functioning hack
space.

What we still need in order to call the space "ready":

* Chairs -- we need about 20 or so folding chairs, preferably the steel ones
that don't fold up into scrap when someone my size sits on them.  They range
from $12 to $25 depending on where you buy them, I've seen them for $12 at
Staples.  If you're heading down to the space, stop by Staples or Office
Depot or Costco or wherever and buy a couple of chairs to bring.

* Stools -- we need 5-7 shop stools, the kind you'd sit on to rebuild a
transmission or belly up to a bar.  I like the round grey steel ones with
the hardboard tops, but we're not choosers here.

* Bins -- project bins. You should bring one for your project, but consider
bringing one for someone who forgot, too :)

* Tools -- we're about ready to start putting tools in the shop and
elsewhere.  I'm open to suggestions as to what we need, but I'm pretty sure
we're going to want a chop saw, a bench grinder, a small lathe, and a couple
of dremels, as well as hand tools and rechargable drills &c of all sorts.

It's been a great two weeks, thanks for all the hard work and contributions,
and I look forward to much more!

--Shannon & The Build Team