[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Build Status & Next Needs

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 23:03:16 UTC 2008

Thanks for all your great work, Shannon!  And thanks to everyone else who
helped make the space happen in so short a time.  I was over there today,
And it's looking really great!

Mitch.

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:44:50 -0700From: shannon at scatter.comTo: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.netSubject: [Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Build Status & Next Needs
Hey all,This is the end of Week 2 of the NoiseBridge space buildout.  We've got tables and desks, a couch, and more shelves than god... and Jim is downstairs right now installing additional electrical into the shop (including this fantastic knife-switch EPO that goes BANG when you pull it!  Thanks Jim).  We're right on the verge of having a usable, functioning hack space.What we still need in order to call the space "ready":* Chairs -- we need about 20 or so folding chairs, preferably the steel ones that don't fold up into scrap when someone my size sits on them.  They range from $12 to $25 depending on where you buy them, I've seen them for $12 at Staples.  If you're heading down to the space, stop by Staples or Office Depot or Costco or wherever and buy a couple of chairs to bring.* Stools -- we need 5-7 shop stools, the kind you'd sit on to rebuild a transmission or belly up to a bar.  I like the round grey steel ones with the hardboard tops, but we're not choosers here.* Bins -- project bins. You should bring one for your project, but consider bringing one for someone who forgot, too :)* Tools -- we're about ready to start putting tools in the shop and elsewhere.  I'm open to suggestions as to what we need, but I'm pretty sure we're going to want a chop saw, a bench grinder, a small lathe, and a couple of dremels, as well as hand tools and rechargable drills &c of all sorts.It's been a great two weeks, thanks for all the hard work and contributions, and I look forward to much more!--Shannon & The Build Team