[Noisebridge-discuss] A request - meeting agenda's & notes?

Shannon Clark shannon.clark at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 08:41:37 UTC 2008

I know the meeting agenda's and meeting notes show up on the wiki (yeah -
and thanks to everyone for that) but a few weeks ago a reminder w/agenda was
mailed out to this list and then a day or so later the meeting notes were
also sent. Which often then sparked some great followup discussions.
I'd like to request that someone (probably should be the same person each
week) sends out a short reminder before each week's meeting which includes
the main topics for the agenda of that meeting and that ideally the notes
from the meeting are also send to the list after the meeting.

The main reasons for this:

1. if an agenda item someone is passionate about (or can help with) is on
the agenda a reminder might prompt a few additional people to show up

2. Having the agenda ahead of a meeting really helps keep a meeting focused
(a side note - when I run any meeting my agenda item ZERO is a reading of
the agenda which serves to be a quick reminder of what we have to address,
sometimes followed by a brief opening for adding items/moving priority of
items on the agenda). And emails are more accessible via a multitude of
devices than the wiki.

3. Posting the meeting notes back to the list is a great service for anyone
who missed a meeting to chime in with their feedback (and help).

Now I would also encourage that these be fairly short affairs - leave the
wiki for the long, detailed discussions and specific posts (w/illustrations,
names etc).

I probably won't be able to be at next Tuesday's meeting - either I'll be
out of town (and will have voted in advance) or I will be watching the
election returns with others.

Shannon C