[Noisebridge-discuss] key access for non-signers

Noah Balmer noahbalmer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 07:07:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:27 PM, audrey penven <audrey at lostinthenoise.net>wrote:

> on the subject of keys...
>
> I'm opposed to the idea of only the board members having keys to the space.

For the record, so am I.  I want to see everyone who's part of noisebridge
have a key to the noisebridge space.  The problem is that right now there is
no legal entity of noisebridge, and the legal position of the lease signers
isn't that great.  Hopefully tomorrow this will no longer be an issue.

I have just seen many months of us always thinking that our incorporation
was anywhere from days to hours away from completion, and so far, for many
reasons, we've always been wrong.  This time we're probably right, but I
don't feel very comfortable gambling on that until it's official.

Today was an ugly day.  I've been working and only just caught up on all the
email.  I'm not very happy about how many words that aren't mine have been
put into my mouth.

I joined this group because I think it has the potential to be a fantastic
non-profit, and I wanted to do what I could to make it work.  All I wanted
in return was for a good hacker space to exist in San Francisco.  I
volunteered for the board because it's hard work I was willing to do.  It
sounds like some subset of interested people are convinced that I have false
motives here.  I'm sorry I'm not better at PR, but I've never done anything
to undermine the group or aggrandize myself at any or your expenses.  I know
I've been fair and honest, but I understand that not all of you have reason
to believe me, so I'm going to make this easy.

If any of you want me out, all you have to do is
1) get my name off the lease
2) ask

I don't want to work for people who don't want my help.  Backstabbing is not
necessary.

Any of you who just want a fun place to get together and hack on stuff, you
have my sympathies and my aplologies.  I hate the drama too.

Every one of you has my full support in making this thing work.  If there's
anything you need, I'm easy to find.  Thank you all for your patience with
the low spots.  Better times are ahead.

-Noah

While I very much appreciate that the board members signed the lease, I