[Noisebridge-discuss] How can folks be most helpful this week?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Oct 3 00:12:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 03:27:02PM -0700, Shannon Clark wrote:
> For example, I noted that on the "things we want" someone suggested a
> labelmaker. I don't have a spare one I can give, however I'd be happy to
> bring my labelmaker by and use it to do a first pass of labeling things if
> that would be helpful until we get one for the space. (cleaning up labeling
> of the electrical box for example etc)

If you can bring your labelmaker by and label things, that would be very
helpful.  You don't have to be willing to donate it to bring it by and
make yourself useful. :)

> I also have a bunch of misc items (conference schwag w/interesting parts for
> future hacks, an old wifi router missing a working power supply, etc) which
> I plan on eventually donating to a future NoiseBridge "spare parts/stuff to
> hack on/reuse" bin but I've been assuming that until the space is more
> settled such items would only clutter up the space.

I agree, we don't want to fill the floor with "spare parts" at this
stage.  Bringing in a organized parts drawer is one thing -- we are far
enough along that that makes sense -- but misc "project" stuff is just
going to be in the way for about another week.

> Since we have a dishwasher, is there a plan to move towards using real
> dishes & glasses vs single use cups etc? If so I may have some misc kitchen
> items (glasses specifically) I could bring by - but again, don't want to add
> to clutter unnessarily.

Yes, we are, and there's room for glasses in the kitchen cabinets.  So I
think that's a fine idea.  (We still need to *hook up* the dishwasher,
though.)

-andy