[Noisebridge-discuss] space status

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 3 06:23:51 UTC 2008

Thanks to all of you who have been making this happen.  And happening so quickly!  I wish I had time to help you all, but unfortunately the timing is such that I have deadlines for three (THREE!) projects due tonight (fun though they are), and the Castro Street Fair on Sunday -- all of this keeping me tied to my computer in my apartment (and away from my bed which I would really like to visit more often).  I look forward to seeing the space on Tuesday!

Best,
Mitch.

-------------------> Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 23:06:30 -0700> From: adi at hexapodia.org> To: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net> Subject: [Noisebridge-discuss] space status> > The space is starting to come together!> > We've mostly finished the big cleaning. The carpet got power-cleaned> today. (The cleaner is rented through 5 PM Friday 10/3 if somebody> wants to help me do another pass.)> > We have Comcast cable Internet service with a Soekris NAT and a WiFi> box.> > The Build Team (hah) has something approximating a plan. I'll try to> get a sketch up on the wiki tonight. Basic summary:> > Downstairs:> * flex space in big room, projector pointed at big wall> * metal+wood shop in the "fishbowl", high workbenches + stools> > Upstairs:> * split by wall-o-storage into two "rooms"> * chill room (couch, armchairs, beanbag, rugs, warm lighting) by stairs> * work room (soldering, small tools, microscopes, ...) by closets> > > Given cleaning success I now feel comfortable having people bring gear> to the space. Storage is still an issue -- we don't have shelves yet --> but we can pile stuff in closets and sort it out later. The first crop> of shelves are happening on Friday I believe. At this point, please> only bring things you have a specific use in mind for, and/or are> willing to help babysit until they find a home.> > -andy> _______________________________________________> Noisebridge-discuss mailing list> Noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net> https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/noisebridge-discuss