[Noisebridge-discuss] space status

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Oct 3 06:06:30 UTC 2008

The space is starting to come together!

We've mostly finished the big cleaning.  The carpet got power-cleaned
today.  (The cleaner is rented through 5 PM Friday 10/3 if somebody
wants to help me do another pass.)

We have Comcast cable Internet service with a Soekris NAT and a WiFi
box.

The Build Team (hah) has something approximating a plan.  I'll try to
get a sketch up on the wiki tonight.  Basic summary:

Downstairs:
* flex space in big room, projector pointed at big wall
* metal+wood shop in the "fishbowl", high workbenches + stools

Upstairs:
* split by wall-o-storage into two "rooms"
* chill room (couch, armchairs, beanbag, rugs, warm lighting) by stairs
* work room (soldering, small tools, microscopes, ...) by closets

Given cleaning success I now feel comfortable having people bring gear
to the space.  Storage is still an issue -- we don't have shelves yet --
but we can pile stuff in closets and sort it out later.  The first crop
of shelves are happening on Friday I believe.  At this point, please
only bring things you have a specific use in mind for, and/or are
willing to help babysit until they find a home.

-andy