[Noisebridge-discuss] space status

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Fri Oct 3 09:24:27 UTC 2008

Meredith L. Patterson wrote:
> Andy Isaacson wrote:
>> The Build Team (hah) has something approximating a plan.  I'll try to
>> get a sketch up on the wiki tonight.  Basic summary:
>>
>> Downstairs:
>> * flex space in big room, projector pointed at big wall
>> * metal+wood shop in the "fishbowl", high workbenches + stools
>>
>> Upstairs:
>> * split by wall-o-storage into two "rooms"
>> * chill room (couch, armchairs, beanbag, rugs, warm lighting) by stairs
>> * work room (soldering, small tools, microscopes, ...) by closets
>
> Going from https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php/Image:Firstfloor.png, I
> assume that the little square with four circles in it is a stove, which
> presumably has a vent hose over it, and that there are cabinets to the
> left and right. This suggests that the most convenient place to put the
> fume hood would be against the wall that's to the right of the stove.

That seems reasonable to me. It's probably going to be the best place
right now for chemical related stuff that requires a hood. It may be
awkward when two people want to make dinner and one person is mixing
stuff in the hood. :-)

With that said, I fully support this idea! Chem lab! Yeah!

Meredith++ (Thanks for taking the lead!)

Best,
Jake