[Noisebridge-discuss] darkroom at the noisebridge space

Mark Cohen markc at binaryfaith.com
Fri Oct 3 21:17:38 UTC 2008

That sounds awesome!

Design-wise, it might be interesting to build the whole thing that is
at an angle and put a small hair dryer (set to low and diffuse the
heat) at the top to aid in the drying.  I'm not sure what the weather
is like in the mission most of the time, but out where I live my
prints would never dry.

We might even want to look at getting a drying squeegee. (Tray,
plexiglass, squeegee) as well.

-Mark

On Oct 3, 2008, at 1:59 PM, Audrey Penven wrote:

> Awesome!
>
> I just had a thought about the drying rack.  It could be something
> that folds up flat against the wall when it's not in use, maybe even
> up by one of the windows.  With the window open even slightly, the
> prints would dry faster.
>
> - audrey
>
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Mark Cohen <markc at binaryfaith.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I also have a ton of black and white darkroom gear (easel, grain
>> focuser,
>> timer, and lots of paper)
>>
>> I will be bringing it to the darkroom as well.
>>
>> Will maybe we can build a fiber drying rack, they aren't difficult,
>> just a
>> frame and a bunch of window screens..
>>
>> -Mark
>>

>> On Oct 3, 2008, at 10:20 AM, Rachel McConnell wrote:
>>
>>> I know nearly nothing about film development and little about
>>> photography
>>> otherwise.  I'd absolutely come to a workshop on these things,