[Noisebridge-discuss] space status

Meredith L. Patterson mlp at thesmartpolitenerd.com
Sat Oct 4 08:48:33 UTC 2008

jim wrote:
>    these are two sheets 24 x 36 with slight
> scuffs. i don't know the guage: they flex,
> but not a lot--i can't make a 36 inch
> cylinder, i probably could make a 24 inch
> cylinder, but with difficulty. making bends
> requires some jig.

Most of the pieces we'll need will be flat; we'll need to put some
90-degree bends on some of the edges so that the pieces can be bolted
together (we're talking about a big metal box, essentially). One
exception is the airfoil, which will need to have a 20-degree bend in
it, but presumably we can make a form out of wood and go at it with a
rubber mallet or something.

>    when do you plan to use them? should i
> deliver them to you or what?

The earliest I could possibly do anything with them is next weekend, but
before then, we'll need to figure out how big we want to make it and
then draw up plans. Let's talk about this at the next meeting.

--mlp